Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A great start to the day

I start each and every day with a great cup of coffee.






I made a promise to one of the girls yesterday. Pancakes are her favorite.

2 cups unbleached flour, 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder, 3/4 baking soda, and 1 scant tsp.salt all in the large bowl. Then I add 2 cups buttermilk in a measuring cup and add 2 eggs to that. I like to mix the dry up with a fork and then mix the wet to break the eggs up a bit. I then add the wet to the dry and mix only 3 strokes. Then I add 1/2 cube melted butter and mix only 10 more strokes. No more. It will be lumpy. Just let it rest.


Then I spoon it onto a hot griddle. About 325* if you have a electric griddle. Spread the batter out to desired size. Watch for the bubbles before you flip. And when flipped, don't press them down. Let them rise up.


Yummy! Doesn't that look good?












They are her very favorite!
I cooked up the rest of the batter into smaller cakes, let them cool on a cookie sheet and froze the rest for a quick breakfast later on.
Stay tune for dinner.....

3 comments:

Angie D said...

I'll be right over!

dayz in and dayz out... said...

Any time! My coffee is always hot!

Simply Stork said...

wow that was fast...
~simply stork~