Monday, March 17, 2008

Our homestay student...

We have been in a rush getting ready for our Homestay Student from Japan!

She has arrived safe and sound. She is so wonderful! We love her already. I think she has great courage to travel so far from home, stay with people she doesn't know, eat food that couldn't be more different from her own, and still be so young.
She has had 4 years of English (language) but this is the first time to use it.

With the celebration of Resurrection Day approaching, I look forward to taking the opportunity to share the Gospel with her and her whole class! I've been asked to do a "small" lesson on our American tradition of Easter. Please pray for the Lord to do a work in the hearts and minds of these young people! I will do a children's lesson :-) Most will not understand, but that's OK. I'm sure God speaks Japaneses and can do a translation for us!

Until later my friends....

4 comments:

Simply Stork said...

shocked and amayzed...a new post.

how cool to be able to teach the whole class...do us proud sister do us proud...(no pressure :O)

~simply~

Simply Stork said...

I know I know amazed...must be that waste dump I live on messing up my spelling skills (LOL)

I knew I was special:o)

~simply~

Lisa said...

What a wonderful experience for you and your family. Something that you will all remember for the rest of your lives. I will keep you in my prayers.

momoflots said...

Another thing to pray about for you! How cool!! Yes, your new resident must be so brave to do something like this. I NEVER would have done something like that so young!!! I can't imagine a more perfect family to have this experience with!!! Have Fun!!

Mom of lots