Christmas come and gone. The new year is quickly approaching.
It is time to reorganize life. I have a schedule for each girl. I need to get them each a 3 ring binder. I'm letting go of the micro-manage of the day and letting each manage her own day starting the first week in January. This is for the young ones really. The older three have a very good system that they follow. Life consequences apply when not followed well. :-) That speaks louder than any of my words.
Decembers budget is out the window. I will start again in January. Using what is in stock and restocking the cupboards and pantry my goal is $450 a month. That will include paper products but not gas.
We have birthdays in January, February, April, May, September, and 2 in October. I need to budget an amount each month to account for birthdays. Not sure what that will be. I need to talk to DH about that.
Things I accomplished today.
I didn't sleep well last night. I woke later than planned but was up in time to read, check e-mail, have coffee and wake the house and get them going before heading to bible study.
Bible study is 9:30 to 11:30.
It was wonderful! We are doing a survey of the OT. We are finishing up Ruth. What hope in the time of Judges.
After bible study I ran my errands. DH took the girls to the outlet mall for some fun shopping and lunch with dad so I was alone.
I went into the bigger town next to us for a quick trip to Trader Joes. It is the best store in the world. I love it.
I picked up:
handmade tortillas
corn tortillas
3 packs of spag. noodles
2 cans of organic pinto beans
4 pack organic frozen mixed vegetables
feta cheese
cream cheese
organic milk
cottage cheese
lemons
and a few more things I can't remember.
My youngest made tacos tonight. She did a great job. I only supervised. I'm always a little leery around the cutting but she's doesn't have her fingers flopping under the knife. She is real careful. I was proud. She also let everyone dish up before her and watched every ones first bit. lol She was so cute :-)
Well, I need to go. It's time for a move with the family. They are gathering their snacks and waiting on me :-)
I have a long list of things to do tomorrow. I'll post my accomplishments.
Goodnight.
4 comments:
You can't say sisters arn't alike...My daughter (age11) started her little daily binder as we went into December...I realized there was no way I could finish all our crafts in time unless I let her go a little. In her binder she has a list of what she needs to accomplish each day and she is learning what happends if she gets behind...we are still working out the bugs of it but all and all it is working :o)
~simply~
Do you have it in a 3 ring binder? I think I'll let the girls put stickers and stuff on theirs.
I know what you mean about the December budget being out the window..ugh! It was nice that you could get some time to yourself as for moms that is a difficult thing to do at times. I have yet to make it to trader joes but we have many other stores for organics.
If you get a chance to go to Trader Joes I don't think you'll be sorry. Keep posting your budget! We will hold each other accountable :-) I need to have a goal to save for...like your green acers. We tried to move last year but the door closed on us. So here we are until God opens it again. (or not)
The housing market stinks in this area right now! If we were buyers, it'd be great...but being the seller too...not so great.
Post a Comment