I have learned not to count on the weather
forecasters in our area. By the very nature of nature here, it changes from location to location and moment to moment. It is the beauty of our state.
But, we have cabin fever. So when you wake up thinking sun and are greeted with rain, it can be a bit
disappointing to say the least.

What's a woman to do? Go on a hunt for summer? Not with the gas prices the way they are.

No sun peeking over the trees. No sun to sit in for my daily dose of vitamin D.

I did find some summer in my
refrigerator. This past 2 weeks it has been warmer inside of it than outside. It has been fixed. I am very happy about that. Milk at 70* is not very good.

So, in honor a the weather I made chili with
cornbread for dinner.



Dressed in my summer black long sleeved shirt, I sit down to a warming bowl of goodness. Maybe the sun will come and play tomorrow.
7 comments:
we had such a tease of sunshine yesterday...We do think alike...we did soup too...and cornbread muffins...how funny is that?
it's hard to get moving today with out mr. sunshine to call us out to play...
~sister simply~
So glad to see you back in blog land :) I know what you mean about the weather...as we have only been living here for 2 years i am still getting used to it. We had that heatwave a few weeks ago for a few days and then the sun disappeared! I have been walking around in tights,boots and denim skirts :( I keep looking at the calendar and it says June...right? We are having a roast,carrots,potatoes and HM bread...nice warming food.
I think of you often when I look out the window, Lisa. Wondering if you have the same weather as us :-)
We get summer on July 5th. It happens almost every year.
A roast sounds sooo good! I just pulled 2 loaves of bread out of the oven and am ready for a taist test!
Hi Dayz!!
It's so good to hear from you!! You have been on my mind and I have been impressed to pray for you. I also have been pining for the sunshine. We are having chicken taco soup tonight for dinner. The winter menu is still happening here. We had about 20 minutes of sunshine today and yesterday. I hope all is well with you and your family. Your sis has my email address. I'd love to visit with you sometime!!
Blessings,
Mom of lots
Hi momoflots,
Good to hear from you. I'll check with sis for e-mail. Keep the prayers commin' thus way! We sure could use them.
It's beautiful in Frankfort this week--maybe you should come for a visit! :)
Hey there,
It took till this week for me check and see if you had made a new post. I hope your weekend away was a nice one for you and your family....always work for us moms but still nice. We are gearing up around here for the big shabang! I will be calling you soon....Oh yeah the chilli and cornbread look yummy, it sure has been one of those spring/summer kind of times wrapped in a fall sort of feel..if that makes any sense!
Post a Comment