Beautiful...I love the piano keys. What an eye she has. Hmmmm, I am thinking you have a budding photographer on your hands. The moth is beautiful when you click on it, it is so clear. And I love the cat!!
Hope your cat comes home soon. They usually find their way back. To answer your question about quilting stitches per inch, I get around 9. I can actually get 11-12, but then it is not fun. I like to just load the needle and keep moving. Therefore I give up some stitches per inch to be able to enjoy the process. I think the evenness (is that a word?) of the stitches is the most important thing. Also the size of the needle is key to stitches per inch. The smaller the needle the closer together your stitches, which then in turns produces more stitches per inch. I use a size 12 clover needle. I really hate to give away the swap piece! I actually like it alot. However, each stitch holds a prayer for my swap partner. I just hope she likes it. I recently found out she really likes artsy contemporary quilts...nothing even close to that in my piece!
5 comments:
She must be good. She has even managed to make a cat look cute!
We love our kitties. I take it your not even a cat liker.
This one has been missing sense our vacation. We are very sad :-(
Beautiful...I love the piano keys. What an eye she has. Hmmmm, I am thinking you have a budding photographer on your hands. The moth is beautiful when you click on it, it is so clear. And I love the cat!!
Thanks bren. I think so, but I'm the mama :-)
I miss my kitty.
Hope your cat comes home soon. They usually find their way back.
To answer your question about quilting stitches per inch, I get around 9. I can actually get 11-12, but then it is not fun. I like to just load the needle and keep moving. Therefore I give up some stitches per inch to be able to enjoy the process. I think the evenness (is that a word?) of the stitches is the most important thing. Also the size of the needle is key to stitches per inch. The smaller the needle the closer together your stitches, which then in turns produces more stitches per inch. I use a size 12 clover needle. I really hate to give away the swap piece! I actually like it alot. However, each stitch holds a prayer for my swap partner. I just hope she likes it. I recently found out she really likes artsy contemporary quilts...nothing even close to that in my piece!
Post a Comment